Nickle City Classics

Custom Craft Boats

Forums

Forum Home > Main Forum - General Discussion > Newbie with a new obsession

cosmic12

I was raised on the Seneca river and as a kid I would see all these crazy looking little boats running around that looked like cars and always thought someday I am gona have me one or a few.lol

Well about 50years and way to many boats to count I finally got one and I have become obsessed for lack of a better term. I stumbled on a 59 CC Sea Ray and started making plans for a total resto but have been playing with some custom ideas also.

After just 2 weeks I came across another one and drug that home also. A 64 but it is rough not real sure about it yet and I don't dare tell my thoughts here yet being so new and all.

January 15, 2016 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmic12

Just realised I didn't say what the 64 was, I think it is a Tiger Ray. Square deck Glass winshield with tail lights sorta/

January 15, 2016 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000
Site Owner

The '64 looks like the '63 styling on the fins, what makes you say it's a '64?

That  one may have the numbers on it? They would be inside the transom/splashwell area.

Anyway, welcome! Looks like you have a coupe of nice projects there!!

--

http://nicklecityclassics.com/

January 31, 2016 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmic12

The paper work I got with it says 64. I haven't found the #s yet.  I am thinking it might be to far gone to restore so if anyone out there needs parts let me know. The deck might be saveable but the bottom is delamenated and transom is falling off. I have been thinking about useing the hull sides for the rear deck doors I want to put on the 59.

--

Creative Restoreations.  Like us on Face book, Please?:)

January 31, 2016 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmic12

as soon as the weather warms up a bit I am going to cut the 64 apart before it falls apart. Anyone need anything from it?

--

February 13, 2016 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmic12

I have tried on here and a few other sites to find a new home for The Tiger Ray and have had no luck. I cannot have it sitting in my yard much longer.

I will give it about 2 more weeks and it has to get cut up like it or not. I do have a plan for 75% of it but the rest will be in 1 ft squares for the land fill. Please if anyone wants this speak up now I have done all I can.

--

March 26, 2016 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.